Hi! I'm Tobey and my mom is writing this for me. I live with my sister, Daisy. We do lots of fun things everyday.

My other sister, Teg, was my best friend. I think about her all the time and that makes me happy.

I have 5 people and you know who they are! I really miss the ones that aren't here ... so this is for you.



Saturday, November 17, 2012

Sad Tail with a Mostly Happy Ending




Misery loves company, so let me tell you about the day I had yesterday.  Actually, I'll have to go back to the night before.  
That's when it all began ...
First I thought someone had raised the couch.  Then I realized it WAS the same height, just seemed taller.  Try as I might, I couldn't get my back legs to cooperate and give me the spring I needed to jump up.  









Mom and Dad saw me struggle and they finally boosted me up and on to the couch.  Where for some unexplained reason there sat an Acorn Squash.








I wasn't too worried but Mom hit the panic button and called Dr. Rogers.

And off we went to the Greatest Vet in Fort Wayne!
(maybe even the world)
 Soooo glad Mom decided to change vets last year.  Does this look like a vet's office to you?
Me neither.


 *sidenote*
Wow ... Christmas decorations before Thanksgiving???

Eh, I can forgive rushing the season since the people here are so nice.
   





 Waiting was the hardest part.
Oh yeah, I wore my favorite sweater with the built on scarf.
Wanted to look sharp for Dr. Rogers.
 Good news first:  I'm not paralyzed and won't be needing a wagon for my back end just now.

Bad news:  I DO have a bulging disc somewhere on my spine.

Dr. Rogers gave me a shot and then I had a laser treatment.  Just like the football players get.





Daisy went next.  She has very stinky ears.  
Actually, she has loads of "cocci and yeast".
Nice going, Daisy.  At least a bulging disc is not offensive to others.
Well, until I become incontinent, but that's another story.








 Does her butt look big to you?
Me too.









After we both got examined, I went off to have my laser therapy and Daisy got to hang around the front desk and get treats.
So unfair.


 






So, that's my sad tail.













 Gifts and cards would be appreciated.
Or just good thoughts.











 Today, Madeline and Amanda are coming home!!!
Mom scrubbed me and Daisy so we're smelling good and ready for all the company and festivities.
Lots of activity around here.  
Things are smelling good.


1 comment:

  1. Oh NO!! Not your back! We're so very sorry to hear that. I ruptured my disk (in my neck) a year ago and had to have the major surgery. Yucky and expensive. Mommy cried every day for 10 weeks+. I'm now 100% recovered but I have to be very careful because it can happen again. Another BIG yuck!! We will pray that you won't have to have that happen.

    We can smell that pie all the way over here.

    Hugs,
    Lily Belle

    ReplyDelete